Submissions start today (11/26)!!!!
My awesome bio:
I work undercover connecting writers with literary agents. I know it sounds cheesy, but I do. And it works! I've helped several writers find their agents right here on CLC! Well, their awesomeness did most of the work, but I gotta say something, right? :)
I fuel myself with chocolate and cheese (not together), love fictional people (whether they're my own creation or someone else's), and try to have ALL THE FUN, ALL THE TIME!!! You know you want to join me! So pick me!
My awesome wish list:
I'm looking for any YA! I'm not going to exclude anything because I don't want to miss out on something so amazing, that I'll break my own tastes for it. So if you write YA and want to submit to me, please do. But fyi, here are my specific tastes:
1. ROMANCE, ROMANCE ROMANCE!!!! I love me some YA with romance! Send to me NOW!
2. I also love contemporary! Whether it's horror, thriller, or fun. I'd love for you to make me laugh or scare me silly.
(If you've combined those two, send for sure!)
3. Anything with a really fresh, unique concept! I read A LOT, whether it be published YA or submissions to contests. I want a story that stands out! Amaze me with your creative genius! (This especially pertains to paranormal or dystopian genres.)
4. Commercial is great! But I'm not against a more literary tone.
5. I may not be the best at critiquing historical, even though I love it.
Now go send me your work, so I can stalk you! :)
And here are the deets on what you need to know:
The cut off time to get your applications (query & first five pages of manuscript) in is 8AM EST on December 5.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writers can apply for up to 3 coaches. The coaches' categories are set. Coaches can only consider the categories they've signed up for. Writers cannot apply for a coach that is not in their category.
For additional information about this contest go HERE.
· This is open to finished manuscripts only.
· You may only enter one manuscript.
· Only the genres requested by each coach will be considered for the contest.
Formatting... (PLEASE FOLLOW EXACTLY!)
Subject line: Pitch Wars Application: Coach Name you want to apply for: Title (Example: Pitch Wars Application: Brenda Drake: GONE WITH THE WIND)
Name: Your Name
Genre: The genre of your manuscript
Word Count: The word count of your manuscript
Query letter here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each paragraph.
First five pages of the manuscript here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each paragraph.
REMINDER: You can send an application for up to 3 coaches.
And check back soon for a complete list of the amazing agents participating in the contest. There's over a dozen!
Today all the coaches are posting bios/wish lists on their blogs. So before choosing your top 3 picks, check all the coaches' posts in your category before deciding which coach to submit. To jump from blog to blog, just click on our pictures below.