Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Adult Threesome Contest Entry #12


Title: TEMPTING FAME
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Word Count: 91,000

Query:

When an incident with her twin’s boyfriend results in a racy rooftop dance and a viral video, twenty-year old Chandler Valliere will never be the same. An interview takes both Chandler and her twin, Avery, to Beverly Hills, where a fashion designer waits with an offer they can’t decline. Quickly, they sink into a world of glitz, glamor, and oodles of eyeliner. And they’ve barely begun.

Believing they’ve found their place, the girls are stumped to find the teen heartthrob of the year and a movie director on their doorstep with plans to make one of them a star. With one twin pursuing her modeling career and the other earning a spot on the silver screen, they have nowhere to go but up.

But fame comes at a price, and when a slipup at an audition causes the girls to swap identities, the truth may be it. Forced to date an actor she abhors and hounded by an insatiable desire for fame, Chandler must learn to juggle her priorities before she loses everything and everyone, including herself.

In the past, I published samples of previous works on the website “Wattpad” under the pen name Lia Holloway and the username “slantingwillow”. Thus, the majority of my Internet presence is under either or both of those names.


First 250:

Green is such a neutral color - it isn't light or dark. In other words, it can’t be identified with either good or bad. It simply exists, and in the large scheme of things, that normally isn’t a bad thing. For a twin, neutral colors can be devastating. Wearing such a shade in public? That can be life changing.

Fixated by the task at hand, I speed-walked down an aisle at the local grocery store. Few people were around, and for that I was grateful. I hated green; it was such a bright, earthy color, and hues like that got on my nerves easily. The sheer idea that I was in a green top made me uneasy, especially since I usually wouldn’t be caught dead in one. My brilliant idea, stealing one of my sister’s shirts to avoid washing my own, had become my fatal mistake. The faster I hurried to go home, the quicker I could escape public humiliation.

Careful not to dawdle, I made my way down the soda and beer aisle, desperately trying to pick out a drink to take home. My parents would inevitably drink water for dinner as they always did, but Avery and I wanted something a little more appetizing.

Plagued by the endless rows of mouth-watering choices laid out before me in every shape, size and color, I pulled my white iPhone out of my jeans' pocket with the intent to call my sister, but an arm around my midsection prevented me.

No comments:

Post a Comment