Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Adult Threesome Contest Entry #14


Title: IF IT KILLS ME
Genre: NA Magical Realism
Word Count: 105,000 

Query:

Stasia Flessas is not human, but she wants to be.  As a half-nymph, Stasia has been given a thousand year lifespan, where she is allowed to explore the world, seducing and partying along the way, until her thousand years are up and she will turn into a full nymph and live forever in the sea. 

Stasia would rather die than submit herself to that kind of life.  And she just might get her wish.

The only way the Gods will let her deny immortality, and become full human, is if she finds the mortal they have chosen for her and they fall in love.   If she doesn’t find this man, she will die at the end of her thousand years.

When a vision shows Stasia at a beach near her home meeting the man who would change her life, Stasia knows that a mortal life is possible.  With seven months until her thousand years are up, the vision is realized, and Stasia meets Easton and his friends. 

Posing as a normal college student, Stasia goes to California with Easton to attend UCLA.  She knows Easton is the one the Gods have chosen, the one the vision showed her, but falling in love isn’t as easy as she thought it would be.  At least not with Easton.  His brainy, bookish, best friend, Brody, is a different story. 

After a thousand years of searching for it, Stasia must choose between the love that will keep her alive, or die for the love she really wants.      

I write for KSL.com and review books for Deseret News and Bookalicious.org. I have a Bachelor's degree in journalism from Utah State University.
  
First 250:

This was the part of being a nymph I would miss the most when I died.

I raised my hands out in front of me, palms facing down, and felt the electricity of the water flowing through them.  Slowly, drops of water started rising towards my hands, like backwards rain, touching my skin and crawling up my arms.  I pulled my hands back to my sides, releasing the sea before my power increased and I pulled waves toward me full force.  

The rocks where I was standing were three feet above the water and hung away from the beach.  It was my favorite spot at Paradisos.  After my sister Sabylla’s vision, we came here often to look for “the one.”  For the last fifty years, I’d been coming here alone. 

The wind was strong today, much more than the usual Aegean seaside breeze.  I could feel my long, blonde hair twirling and tangling behind my back.  I looked down to my right and saw the waves crash into the reef below.  The sky was turning dark purple as the sun moved further away from the water and inched its way out of the sky behind me.  

Besides a few daring surfers, the stony beach was deserted.  The day wasn’t over, but I had a feeling there wouldn’t be much recreation here today with weather like this.  The wind didn’t bother me at all.  Unlike my ability to attract men, my bond with nature was one nymph trait that I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment