Monday, February 4, 2013

Kissing Scene Competition!

And the competition has begun! Get to reading those links below! 

Note: You can add a paragraph on top of your 350 word entry as a lead in for the scene. 

I previously blogged about our Kissing Scene Competition. Check that out if you need to.

But here are the basics:

There are two rounds. Round 1 is a blog-hop. If you don't have a blog, start one or borrow one.

From today until the end of Friday (1st), you sign up with the Mr. Linky below. Include your name and the contest round you're in (ex: Cupid Rnd #2) and the url to the blog you'll be posting your scene on.

Yes, you MUST participate in the Blind Speed Dating contest to participate in the Kissing Scene Competition. If you haven't submitted, but would like to, check out window 5.

Those who have already secured a spot in the BSD agent round can still play. PLEASE make a note at the top of your entry that you can only be selected for honorable mention.

On Monday (4th) post your kissing scene (350 words) to the blog for everyone to read. This kissing scene does NOT have to be from your contest entry's manuscript. Between Monday (4th) and Thursday (7th) click on the links below to read all of the entries. The Kissing Experts (judges) will also use this time to choose their favorites. They will each be given a group to read and out of that group, only one will be selected to go on to round 2.

Each of the Kissing Experts will be armed with these awards to give to any of their entries:

Sweetest kiss: Sugar Lips Award
Most embarrassing/funniest kiss: Color Me Red Award
Most intense/hottest kiss: Get A Room Award
Most romantic kiss: Swooning Award
Most lovable characters: Cutest Couple Award

AND...

*Best overall writing: Write In The Kisser Award* <-- This is our winning award!

The Kissing Experts must give out the winning award, but it is their choice if they want to give out the others.

But ALL OF YOU can give out these awards to your favorites too! Just make sure to only use each award once!

All awards will be given in the comments section of that entry's blog post.

The 10 entries that make it into Round 2 will be posted here on the CLC blog from 2/11-2/13. The Kissing Experts and myself will then each vote for our favorites and the 3 winners will be announced on Valentines' Day!! These three winners will automatically go into the agent round in the BSD contest, with updated versions of their contest entries!! Yippee!

And here are our Kissing Experts: 

Brenda Drake (Twitter, Website)
Dahlia Adler (Twitter, Website)
Summer Heacock (Twitter, Website)
Kalen O'Donnell (Twitter, Website)
Nazarea Andrews (Twitter, Website)
Heather Hawke (Twitter, Website)
Shelley Watters (Twitter, Website)
Kelsey Macke (Twitter, Website)
Leigh Ann Kopans (Twitter, Website)
Tristina Wright (Twitter, Website)

(Check them out! More fun info on them will be posted Monday!)

Sign up NOW using this button: (Remember to put your round # next to your name)

50 comments:

  1. Ooh! Thanks for the extra opportunity! Can't wait to see everyone's kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signed up. :)
    What an AMAZING line-up of kissing experts! *jumps excitedly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annnnd forgot to include my window number!
      Entry 6: Rachel O'Laughlin is entered in window 5. Not sure of my bouncer round number yet. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all the great contests! BSD and kissing scenes? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Woot! Signed up even though I'm terrible at kissing scenes. In my defense, however, I still have never kissed a guy so it not like I can write from experience! Haha! Hashtag, forever alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe im just missing it, but i don't see a way of reblogging that list of blogs. isn't there sup to be a code or a button?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited, and sorry that I messed up... I am listed twice (well, part of me). Can you fix that? I'm #4 - Lisa Poston Murhy (woops!) and #5 Lisa Murphy (this one has the full info & is done correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i thought i had to reblog it, haha. thanks for putting up with me, C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to share my awkward kissing scene! Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will be intriguing. I have written exactly one kissing scene (unless you count my comics, which contain two more, one only a single panel long). At least I know with absolute certainty which one I'll be using.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah! I put mine in twice. Please delete #21.

    And thank you for the contest.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Question: In one of your earlier contest posts, you mentioned that we could include an intro paragraph to set up the kissing scene. Can we still include an intro? If so, is there a word limit? (I know the scenes themselves are limited to 350 words.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Please set up the scene and no, that isn't part of the 350!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for this opportunity. Looking forward to all the kissing scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just posted my entry for the kissing scene contest. Thanks! Should be fun and I hope to learn a thing or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, this will be fun. Hardest part was keeping it down to 350 words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And... naturally, I'm the only one who can't follow directions - again! So sorry. My entry was Round 1 #30


    Looking foward to some great lip-locking scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun, Valentine-y thing to do Cupid :) I LOVE kissing scenes (both writing them and reading them) so I am looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm excited to read these. Good luck, all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Post written and scheduled. Can't wait to browse the list and read everyone's scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linked! :D I'm so excited about this! Thank you for this awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to swooning over all the kisses. And what a great chance--thank you, Cupid! Good luck, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Better go do some revising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a kissing scene novice, but can't resist that Cupid! Thanks so much for setting this up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I forgot to put the round I'm in!! I'm Danielle Doolittle Round #4!! GAH! Is there a way to change it?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. For some reason, my name (#38 on the blog hop list) is in bold type. Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the second chance to get into the agent round, Cupid! And good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Didn't know when I signed up, but mine is honorable mention. Thanks! - Robyn Brown, #101 (37, above)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Robyn, please just make sure you make a note on your entry when it goes up next week so the Kissing Expert will know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pucker up!! I seriously can't wait for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry, forgot to put my round # on my first entry. This is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yay! Can't wait to see everyone's entries!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bring on the love!! This is going to be fun--thanks, Cupid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great contest. Can't wait to read all the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Shoot. I tried to pre-schedule my blog post on Blogger, and it failed. I just officially posted my kissing scene--sorry it's a little late today. Stop by and check it out if you missed it (#18 on the linky list).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Cupid! Ok, so this may be a silly question, but I just want to clarify. If a judge bestows a Sugar Lips or Color Me Red Award or any of the other, can one of those entries still get the Write in the Kisser? Or is it one or the other? This is so fun. Just want to be sure I understand the award rules. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be two judges reading your entry. If you get an award from one judge the other judge can still pick yours as the winner. :)

      Delete
  37. Another blunder from yours truly. I'm actually participating in round 5, not 4, of the Blind Speed Dating competition. *shakes head at myself*

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. ukraine cupid site

    ReplyDelete
  39. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete