Friday, January 18, 2013

Conference Appointment with Pam van Hylckama Vlieg!!

Please find general information on the conference here.

Pam van Hylckama Vlieg (Larsen Pomada Literary Agents)

Interests: "High concept young adult in any genre. Middle grade in these genres: fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, paranormal, literary. Romance in these categories: historical, fantasy, and erotica. New genres:
 commercial science fiction, fantasy, and literary fiction. New Adult in all categories will be considered.

I am now open to submissions in upmarket women’s fiction and historical fiction. I’m looking for books with particularly well-developed characters and strong authorial voice. In historical fiction in particular I am particularly interested in books that bring the setting to life and that maintain balance between historical accuracy and strong plot choices. I am also very interested in mystery, fantasy, and occasionally romance approaches to these genres as well." - Please check the links above for more information. 



APPOINTMENT: 1/23 @ 9:00 am EST (check in all day)


Booking info:

PLEASE NOTE: The bidding DOES NOT open until 12 noon EST today (1/18). It will close at 8 pm EST on 1/19 or when the cap is reached.

This appointment will be capped at $30. The opening bid MUST start at $5 and every bid after that MUST be made in $2 increments (except the last) until the cap is reached or the bidding closes. 

Please include some kind of identification with your bid. Doesn't have to be your real name. 


*After bidding closes, I will post a comment with further directions for the winner.


**ANYONE with a complete manuscript that is un-agented can participate in this conference. The conference and contest are separate and they do not affect each other in any way. 

(Funds will be used for a local book donation. Thank you!)

26 comments:

  1. I feel like a cheat b/c I may have won the other appointment with Pam, but there's a bit of rule debate there, so $9.

    I can at least help the bidding progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $15 Hi Sarah! Have you gotten a confirmation yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw a tweet from Cupid and the bid after 27 can be $3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh--I recognize this tactic--the old, Mexican standoff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Cupid actually wrote a little bit about that at the tail end of our discussion (on Pam's other appointment).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, NOW I'm able to just straight up enter comments. When I was bidding, I had to do the capcha thing every time.

    If it makes you feel better, I had to combat capcha to get my $30 bid in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe she took the captcha off because I haven't had to use it this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. I always forgot to take it off for things like this.

      If I leave it off, the spam attacks! It's insane! :)

      Delete
  8. $30
    saillenotsallie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we're allowed to bid against ourselves? Otherwise nobody would ever bid the $27, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. You can bid against yourself on the last bid. Cupid confirmed that in the other Pam van Hylckama Vlieg post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winner!! Ronni Arno Blaisdell!!!

    Please email me and donate using the button on the blog!

    Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete