Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bouncer Interview with Jennifer Echols!


A huge welcome to Bouncer, Jennifer Echols! Jennifer has several awesome books out, and if you haven't read any of them, you should. Being a huge fan, myself, I'm crazy excited to have her joining us for Blind Speed Dating! She's repped by Laura Bradford



Hi, Jennifer! Please share a little about yourself:

I'm a former writing teacher and copyeditor. It took me a looooong time to get a book published, and I'm thankful every day for this career.

Now tell us a little about your book(s) or what you like to write:

I have nine YAs out now with four to come, but this year I'm also debuting my adult and new adult romantic comedies.

What MUST we read? And what's in your TBR pile? 

I'm a huge Jennifer Crusie fan, and the fabulous Victoria Dahl is my critique partner! I highly suggest them both. My own TBR pile is large and luxurious. I've been hearing great (and sexy) things about Cara McKenna.

What are those crumbs around your computer? And what is that music I hear?

I'm afraid those are cupcake crumbs. And the music is indy rock, likely Foo Fighters or Incubus.

Is it all about the pants or all about the outline? 

Let's just say I draw an outline on my pants and put them on backward.

Any words of wisdom for our brave contest entrants? 

You're doing the right thing. If you don't enter, you can't win. Ninety percent of success is showing up.

Now give up your guilty pleasure!

Fun, geeky reality shows like Antiques Roadshow, American Pickers, and especially Mythbusters!

***

Thank you, Jennifer!

Thank you for reading! Questions and comments below...

3 comments:

  1. That's the best pantser vs. plotter answer I've seen! A true LOL. I also really like Jennifer Crusie's books. I'm a new reader to her work, but I love what she brings to the romance genre. Her books changed how I view contemporary romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a total fangirl for Jennifer, and her books are awesome and I've read every one of them. Also, The FOO FIGHTERS? Are you kidding me? My favorite band EVER.

    Jennifer, you are beyond cool. Great interview, you two ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun interview! I love that you have cupcake crumbs around your computer! My favorite line is the pants outline!

    ReplyDelete